Workplace culture has become an important talk of the town because of its extensive impact on the organization’s ability to increase revenue, lead with an example of work-life balance, and mainly, provide the employees with an interactive and communicative medium. Your working space defines how potential you can be and your contribution to the organization’s betterment. The establishment of effective working space is based on a few factors such as the seating arrangements, design, creation of the place, etc.
All of these aspects must have a driving force associated with them, which is flexibility. Flexibility and agility in a corporate workplace were often not given much thought, however in the modern business world, these two terms are crucial for every business to thrive in the cut-throat competition and sustain with good numbers.
What To Consider To Define Your Workspace?
The definition of a proficient workspace usually is different for different business models, as it depends upon the ideologies of the management and the architects that they hire to construct the workspace. You can get a unique, design-driven workspace created via a construction company in Delhi, whereas the same workspace can further be sketched in a rather different style by highly professional architects, and interior designers in Delhi NCR.
Here are a few aspects that must be considered while designing a workspace for your employees –
- Practical and comfortable seating arrangements – In any workplace environment that you’d go to, you may find that the placement of chairs, desks, and bays is done extensively well because of the fact that they add supreme comforts. Practical seating arrangements are meant to bring unity to a diverse work environment and fulfill the needs of – business, employees, and engagement
- Hybrid working and flexibility – With employees choosing between coming to the office or working remotely have made businesses aware of the hybrid potential and flexibility to run on, even distantly. Today, companies would probably happily offer hybrid working solutions so the employees can conveniently contribute their level best.
- Neurodiverse Workspaces – Since Neurodiverse people can bring creativity and innovation to the working environment, it is important to have such workspaces too. The establishment of a neurodiverse workspace allows the business management to unify the different thinking minds of the employees and put them together. In addition, the employers can try low arousal colors such as cream or beige for walls; they may also steer clear of pattern-based floors, as they might be confusing to walk across for specially-abled people and may increase anxiety or cause people to become fixated.
- Smart Integration Of Data and Technology – Advanced technological aid allows employees to track their growth, manage reports and lead with efficiency. Data, being one of the most important aspects of a smart workplace, must be managed proficiently with the help of new and easy-to-use technology.
- Sustainability – Last but not least, to define a workplace means that you have to make use of sustainable resources that not only contribute equally to your business growth but also to the environment. Adding greenery to your workplace atmosphere can lower the stress levels of the employees, giving them a convenient space to relax and get going with a whole load of better, more productive ideas. While catering to your employees, you’ll be contributing to the betterment of the environment too.
5 Office Design Trends That You Should Consider In 2022!
After discussing the core values that define a workspace, let’s explore trend-setters in the modern business world –
- Pairing Old and New Elements – First things first, you must not discard old, used furniture or other things that you may think have gone out of fashion. Since workplace taste and preferences usually change every now and then, it can be actually beneficial if you associate some of the old inventory with the new one. For instance, in order to have a trendy office design, you can integrate traditional wall paintings that have motivational quotes on them with breezy colored wall themes. The pair of old and new elements will subsequently allow your employees to be conventional in their core and refreshed in their ideologies and theories.
- Flexible, Pod-area Layouts – Seating space in a corporate world is a crucial factor that decides the productivity outcome of your employees. If the bay layout and seating arrangements are done in a way that encourages open-space functionality, then your workforce can assure your business of better revenue over the years. Pod-area layouts have become quite popular because they are space-efficient and offer better functionality; all in all a simplified design.
- Adding Lighter Colors For A Relaxed Environment – Subtle beige colors in a functional workplace make it look bigger and commodious. Lighter colors like white, off-white, etc can be associated with a tad of greenery to make the work ambiance comfortable and relaxed, rather than stressed. In addition, such color shades persuade motivation in the employees and can have a bigger impact on their mood.
- Incorporating More Natural Lighting Into The Workspace – Current office trends make an effort to integrate better lighting solutions to make the workspace look brighter, natural, and airy at the same time. By allowing window space on the floor, your business can help your employees get closer to nature and the natural lighting. Not only does it reduce their exposure to LED lighting but also gives them an open work environment.
- Adding Green Options (living walls or relative elements) – Last but not least, adding greenery too and around your office workplace brings numerous benefits to the physical as well as mental health of the employees. It looks pleasant to the sight, helps reduce work stress, and elevates one’s mood. Moreover, it can boost the productivity of the employees if they feel relaxed at the workplace and give them creative opportunities.
Do you also want to give a new shape to your commercial space? Call AIA India today – an ideal choice for ideal office designs! We proudly help our clients in designing an environment-friendly workspace that not only looks good but is also productive, and sustainable. Our architects and interior designers in Delhi NCR take on-site inspection seriously and then provide a magnificent design style to suit the client’s needs. To know more, book an appointment with our experts.